All our internship positions for summer 2022 are now filled. Applications are still being accepted for fall.
We have full and part time, paid and unpaid internships available during the school term and summer breaks.
We are looking for Software Engineering / Computer Science students interested in video game programming with solid C/C++ skills, who can take on any technical challenges from bug fixing to implementing new game features.
In addition to providing a cover letter and resume, programming intern candidates need to show us what they’re made of. Either download our intern programming challenge (Challenge.zip), and follow the instructions in ‘Challenge.cpp’, or take the challenge online HERE.
- Candidates should be recent graduates or full-time students enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Applicants must be available to intern a minimum of 3 days per week during regular working hours. While we are flexible, scheduled workdays should remain consistent — as in not changing every couple of weeks
- The duration of the internship is also flexible, but Heavy Iron expects at least an 8-week commitment from our interns
- All interns are required to provide their own transportation to/from our offices in Los Angeles, near the LAX airport. There are no relocation reimbursements or housing stipends for any of the intern positions
- Candidates must be able to provide documentation showing that they are authorized to work in the United States
To apply, please submit your cover letter, current resume and completed challenge by emailing us at [email protected] with “Heavy Iron Game Programmer Internship” in the subject.