If you’ve accepted cookies on our site and wish to revoke permission, click this button: Revoke cookies
- what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you play Heavy Iron Studios’ games or access any of our other Services on a social network like Facebook, Heavy Iron Studios receives certain information about you from the social network automatically. The information we receive depends on the Heavy Iron Studios game you’re playing, the social network, and your privacy settings and your friends’ privacy settings on that social network.
For example, Heavy Iron Studios may collect and store some or all of the following information provided by the social network:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your social network ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which is linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- the social network ID numbers and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that social network when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- other publicly-available information on the social network; and/or
- any other information that you or the social networks share with Heavy Iron Studios.
If you are unclear about what information a social network is sharing with us, please go to the social networks where you play our games to find out more about their privacy settings.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
- local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or Heavy Iron Studios user ID.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play Heavy Iron Studios games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts
- information about Heavy Iron Studios and other third-party apps you have on your device.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Heavy Iron Studios players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Heavy Iron Studios’ rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Heavy Iron Studios, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status such as “crops ready” as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, players between the ages of 31 and 35 who live Los Angeles) and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, and advertising, and other business purposes.
Your personal information collected through Heavy Iron Studios may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe or any other country in which Heavy Iron Studios and affiliated third parties maintain facilities. Heavy Iron Studios will take steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information when it is transferred, stored or processed by us or our third party affiliates. Here are the ways in which we may share your information:
Third Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services.
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 31 and 35 who live Los Angeles);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Heavy Iron Studios or the social network through which you are playing Heavy Iron Studios’ games.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Heavy Iron Studios may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of Heavy Iron Studios and other applicable third parties
Third Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
In the event that Heavy Iron Studios undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part its assets (like selling a game), we may transfer all of your information, including personal information, to the successor organization in the transition. We will make reasonable efforts to let you and other players know of the business transition before transferring your personal information.
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Information We Receive From a Social Network Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information Heavy Iron Studios receives about you from a social network, like Facebook, where you play our games, you will need to follow the instructions at that site for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update information associated with your Heavy Iron Studios game profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by Heavy Iron Studios
If you want to review, delete, or change the information Heavy Iron Studios has about you or have additional questions, e-mail us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within thirty days.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want Heavy Iron Studios to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Other Communications
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Opting Out of Third Party Tailored Advertising
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web and mobile web advertising you may visit the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising; and
- Your Online Choices UK website for EU-based advertising.
These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Heavy Iron Studios. Heavy Iron Studios does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” Further, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising. Like the opt-out tools mentioned above for web, these mobile opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Heavy Iron Studios. Heavy Iron Studios does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within Heavy Iron Studios’ games even if you opt-out of tailored advertising but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated web sites or apps.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Heavy Iron Studios cookies are necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like Heavy Iron Studios should interpret Do Not Track signals. Heavy Iron Studios does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals, whether that signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device. You can learn more about Do Not Track here.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from Third Party Services, which are companies other than Heavy Iron Studios that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with Heavy Iron Studios, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your Heavy Iron Studios account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Heavy Iron Studios account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Heavy Iron Studios account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your Heavy Iron Studios games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Heavy Iron Studios account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your Heavy Iron Studios account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use secure socket layer technology (“SSL”) to encrypt the transmission of that information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at email@example.com.